Friday, February 13, 2009

Ross House Hunt!

Over the last 2 months, we've been on the hunt for a house to purchase. This may come as a surprise to you, and yet others have been involved with us in this process.

Well, we've hit a milestone in our search for a house to call our home: we've come to a verbal agreement on a contract. What this means is that a contract has been written, and we've come to verbal terms on modifications to make to the contract.

So, enough with the mumbo-jumbo! Here's some of the details:
Address:
24 Oakshire Ct.
St. Peters, MO 63376


Purchase Price:
had you going there, didn't I? ;)

...and, some pics.
From the street:

















The kitchen:

















From the rear "common area":
















We'll post some other pics if/when we find some appropriate ones to add.

Needless to say, we're extremely excited, and at this point it's been an amazing experience to see The Lord move in both our hearts and the processes to make this particular house available to us.

We would appreciate your prayers as we move forward with all the formalities involved with purchasing a house. Our current contract says we will close by the end of February 2009 (extremely fast). Needless to say, that means we'll be very busy and rushed to get all the papers, etc. in place.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippy!! Let me know if you need help painting or with the move!!

Julie Shaw said...

Congratulations!! My Aunt and Uncle just live down the street! #30. Let us know when you need help moving!!! We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

We are so there to help u move, I may not be able to do much, but Andrew can help w/the heavy stuff & I can entertain Syd for u that day!:)

Mattpenning said...

Congratulations! I will be praying that all goes well. I know it'll be fast. Home, has a nice ring to it doesn't it.

Brenda Rae said...

WOW at that kitchen!!! Looks good how far are you from teh church?

Mustang Matt said...

The Lord was working on both sides of the deal. Turns out we have a common friend through Tom Wehrle. The house is great and I'm sure you guys will enjoy it. We will miss it a lot. Make sure to introduce yourselves to the neighbors to the right (Walt & Tommy). (if you're facing the house) They go to Harvester Christian Church and have been a pleasure to be around.

TheSaxonHus said...

Congratulations! From having visited my daughter and her husband at this house for several years, I can say it is a great house! Based on your blog I suspect you will also make it a great HOME.

Sarah Kaatman said...

We hope that you are able to make this house a wonderful home for the entire family! The kitchen/living room/ dining room combo is my favorite place in the house and is excellent for entertaining small or large parties. I was in love with my granite countertops and the one of a kind lighted backsplash and miss both greatly.

I'm not sure if we will get to meet you or not on closing day, but I hope that everything goes smooth for both of us during this transition period.

Also wanted to let you know that the two panels on the back of the island are actually doors and there is a little more storage hidden there. (Wasn't sure if you were aware of that!) We will also be leaving the leftover laminate flooring, door handles (We have extra that match the ones upstairs that were purchased for when we were going to replace the doors downstairs) and we will also leave the extra backsplash tiles.

Sorry for the long post! I'm glad that our friend Tom knows you and that you are a nice Christian family! Your daughter is adorable!
If you are curious about anything house related feel free to contact me at sarah@kaatman.com I'll try to answer any questions.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful house! :) It looks just perfect. Congratulations!

Unknown said...

PS We'd love to help you move too! I can do little boxes :)

jenn said...

love the kitchen...and that deck! fun times coming this summer!!!!