Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Watermelon Lemonade

Holy junk, have I stumbled upon something yummy:

Watermelon Lemonade


1 cup lemon juice
1 cup superfine sugar
4 1/2 cups water
3 cups chopped seeded watermelons
2 tablespoons light corn syrup

  1. In a blender, puree the watermelon with the corn syrup.
  2. Strain to remove any bits of seed that remain.
  3. Combine the lemon juice and sugar in a large pitcher.
  4. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
  5. Add the puree along with the water.
  6. Serve over ice in tall glass.
I bought seedless watermelon at Costco and it was too ripe, kind of like biting into some Memoryfoam- so I looked for drinks on Recipiezaar (my new fave site). One of the raves about it said that 'it is the nectar of the gods', so I thought I would try it. So yummy!

No comments: